Tuesday 3 July 2012

Spread the joy, Pay it forward...


Pay it forward... 

To tell or not to tell... that is the question

I would like to say I try and pay it forward once a week, but the reality is, I just do pay it forward whenever I find myself in a situation where I can. Realistically it varies from once in a while to a few times in a day. For me, paying it forward means going out of your way (whether it is slightly or in a large way out way) to help someone else without expecting anything in return. 
I also often don't tell anyone when life allows me these little opportunities; I like them to remain my little secrets... I also do things to help others where I need assistance from sponsors etc and then I do tell people because it’s necessary. I was at a function the other evening and we were talking about paying it forward and a lovely friend of mine, who is a mom, and lets be honest mom's are usually right, well she  said its important to tell these stories because they inspire others and teach children the joys of doing things for others, because you can. It is good to show that you are being the change, it inspire's others... 
I think we are both right, she's right its great to inspire and teach and I guess I'm also a little right I think keeping a few little gems for myself is right too, because then there is truly no reward, no one gushes and says how sweet or kind you are... but inside you know you have affected someone else’s day or life in a positive way... 
What I think is the most important thing at the end of the day, 
is that you stay aware, keep an open heart and whenever possible you pay it forward...
Spread the joy :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment