Thursday 5 July 2012

My True Romance - The Beginning...

Ok boy's and girls here I go... I have made a decision and I am going to be bolder than bold, I am going to be honest and venerable and brave and let you all in on my new adventure.
I have had a boy friend since I was this big...
(excuse the seemingly lazy eye, it was poised for a wink 
and the photo was taken mid flow, just saying, you should know)

Yip I am a serial "in-relashionship-er" it just seems that whenever a relationship has ended I have started dating the very next guy I have met. Now that I see it in writing, it kinda sounds a little awkward or, well not great really, truly I have never been alone... You see I have always believed that every human being contains both the possibility for extraordinary deeds and awful actions, exceptional gifts and frightful flaws... and when I meet someone I always seem to focus on their gifts and potential and help them develop, often ignoring the bad until, well until it gets too bad and I have to leave.... 
('Yeah, baby, work it you doing well, you getting there, you're amazing!')

Hence I have always dated men for their potential...and since I realized that, I started thinking back over all my relationships (no there aren't that many) but I am the real life female version of "Good Luck Chuck".
     (Yip thats me)

Every single guy I have dated since I was sixteen, has married and had babies with the very next girl he dated (one is in a serious relationship with the same woman but hasn't had kid's yet, yet being the operative word in that sentence)... I'm a fix-a. Also visually they have looked as different as the four corners of the earth, the only qualities they share (which are essential to any man I am with) is having a large generous spirit and great sense of humor, but that is about it. 


In the past I have dated for potential, but now I want to find someone that I want to be with, for who he is already...Yip, I want a guy who isn't afraid to wear his underpants over his pants in public ha ha haa! Kidding;-) I also want to choose someone who will be good for me, rather than finding the good in the first man I meet... 
(Henry Cavill would definitely be good for me, although I might become a mute as 
my tongue would constantly be hanging out of my mouth due to the excess drool)

So here begin's my challenge, in three months I will have been single for a year, I want to be able to say that I have been single for one full year in my life (as lame as that sounds, I want to be able to say it) as a bonus this way it takes the pressure off the dates because there are no expectations of finding "the one", I will go on all these dates with an open mind and open heart and ready to actually get to know the person and let them get to know me. I will go on one date per week with someone new (Sox I might hand the task of finding me suitable suitors over to some of my girl friends, so that it becomes something like the website "date my friend"). Each week I will blog about it and give honest feed back. I will also commit to, not getting into a relationship with anyone until my three months are up. (and I guess, if I meet the "right guy" in the mean time, he will still be around after three months, or he wasn't the right guy) ... and the last little challenge (thank you Sean :-P dammit I can that I cant turn down a dare!) I have agreed that I will go on a date with one of my followers, Eek! But as Sean says: "Be daring, ya never know" So - Challenge accepted!


So thats it peep's a sneak peak into my very venerable self, wish me luck and send me stories. Stay well and happy till next you read 
"My True Romance - Chapter 1
Meeting 'Royalty'"


***If you would like to go on a date with me I will be putting up a friend of mine's details and she will give me the brief on the "how, of how to get a date with Susana!" Looking forward to meeting you!


Have a super day :-)









2 comments:

  1. all your blogs are really relevant to me.. I too have dated not so similar guys who have little in common and am a hopeless romantic. Just wondered how would you feel if the guy was the one who had always had a girlfriend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Moangirl, thanks so much for leaving a comment, I'm not sure I completely understand your question, can you elaborate?

    ReplyDelete