Thursday 28 June 2012

Bowled Over - Dating Do's and Don'ts for This week

As you all know I am "The 2OceansVibe Bachelorette", 
So I’m checking out the dating world and figuring out the good, the bad and the ugly.
 In the last two weeks I have been traveling quite a bit so I went on two 
"off the record" dates, but I still felt it wouldn't be fair if I didn't give you feed back on the do's and don'ts, so lets chat about...

Date 1: THE SOBER DATE
Oiy Vey! 
Although my nerves where on overdrive at the thought of going on a date in the first place, (still haven't gotten them under wraps)
arriving at a bowling ally and finding out I would be proceeding without any Dutch courage to ease the nerves for the evening’s road ahead was quite a large gulp to swallow.
We were in the last lane and I think it was Pro-Practice evening because this is what our neighbors looked like...
My date was an ex-pro-bowler (Yip, he even belonged to a team ha ha, I know I laughed when I heard that too!) but he was very supportive and not a big show off 
which made me feel more relaxed.
He made me feel like I looked like this...
When really, I looked like this...
Still I wish I looked like this....
but being the clumsy klutz I am I slipped and landed Slap Bam on my bum... 
Yip, Epic Fail... not pretty....
 but he made me feel like I looked like this....
Which isn't sooo bad and won him major points 
and so we laughed it off and had a great time.
 When I hit 7 he gave me a hi-5 and I did something like this...
Yip, thats me, total spaz.

Then taught me how to play 'Air Hockey', what fun!
Now here we got competitive and ended with an even score, 
slightly sweaty and breathless from the thrill of the challenge, 
it was great, I felt like a kid! 
We ended the evening by sitting at a coffee shop and talking... 
before I knew it, it was twenty to one in the morning and 
I needed to head home as I had a big week ahead.
SO...
The DO's I learnt: "Get out of your comfort zone"
Do something fun out of your comfort zone, it forces people to be real and let down their defenses, you get to see layers of who they really are, rather than what they might want to present at a civilized dinner across a table.
and...
The DON'T I learnt: "Old fashioned meets Too cool"
I am kinda old fashioned in the dating world, yes I am career driven and independent but I am not that girl who call's a guy first or asks him out. I want to be with someone who is crazy about me, I want to be thought of, I want someone who makes an effort, effort goes a very long way in my books. So my advice guys, if you like a girl, don't play it cool, let her know. 
This guy claims he has been wanting to date me for ages and that I am blind and uninterested in his advances, but really I think he wants me to chase him, and thats just not my game, I am a woman not a man, yes its old fashioned but men do the hunting... 
in my romantic world anyway.
So to conclude, I had a great time, it was fun and as ridiculous as it sounds, I really recommend going bowling on a date, who knows, you could strike it lucky!

Tune in every Friday 3 to 5pm on 2OceansVibeRadio 
Catch me adding the 'Sexy in the City' to "Sox and the City"
https://www.2oceansviberadio.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment