Wednesday 16 January 2013

Paying it forward as Mama Clause - Santa Slosh gift delivery, Thanks to Pampers, Avent & Freshline Spar!

Since Christmas is a time for giving, 
in december I decided to play Mama Clause
Every child deserves a gift, a celebration and a little party, so I popped over to the creche I support in Gug's and helped them have a little Christmas party...
Me and my lovely inspirational friend Mumzie
Thanks to my dear friend Natasha Clark from http://littleandbunny.blogspot.com/
amongst the gifts were bottles and sippy cups from Avent; stationary, fruit and snacks from Freshline Spar and lastly 100 nappie's from Pampers
Natasha's Boys with the nappy delivery :-)
We celebrated their end of year progress and they all received certificates 
It was a wonderful day filled with love, laughter and excitement and it made me feel so grateful for being able to share an afternoon with my "Gugs Family" and my good friend Mumzi.



This year I hope to assist in finally
buying the property so that we can
finally create a self sustaining
community centre. I will keep you
posted on how you can all help soon!
























I was then contacted by The No Danger Diary Men (http://nodangerdiaries.wordpress.com/) who had received a donation of eighty Christmas gifts from Santa Slosh and I was tasked with finding them a home two days before Christmas! Challenge Accepted!

What a lovely and well run home, it is a place of safety for abandoned, abused, neglected or orphaned children, many of whom have been affected by the HIV/Aids pandemic or have HIV/AIDS themselves. You can see straight away that Roselie who started it did it for the right reasons and continues to run it with love and integrity. Check out there website and if there is anything you can do to help please contact them it will be hugely appreciated.

Baphumelele 


Z118 Dabula Street
Khayelitsha 7784
South Africa

Phone: +27 (0)21-361-8631 Fax: +27 (0)21-361-2695

And....


Baz and I arrived at the wrong time so unfortunately most of the Kids had gone on an outing but we left the gift with a lovely Gogo that was there and this little girl who we both had such fun playing with and loving.
Zanokhanyo Children’s Safety Home 
Khayelitsha, 
Cape Town, 7784
South Africa
Section 21 registration number: 2006/005397/08
Childrens Home:
Phone: +27 078 347 2721 
South African contacts:
Phuthi Shale 
Cell: +27 82-852-8845 
Email: phuthi@zanokhanyo.org
Candice May
Cell: +27 76-702-3635
Email: Candice@zanokhanyo.org
International contact:
Tom Kagerer
Cell: +41 79 74 52120
Email: tom@zanokhanyo.org
                                                           
Baz was my partner in crime on this one so after delivering the gifts he came into Studio to chat about our gift giving day, it was such fun. Thank You Super Baz and No Danger Diary Men, you Rock!


Tash, Thank You so much for your help and coming into studio to chat too, unfortunately the pod cast was corrupted when downloaded so I cant put a link up but I hope this blog is enough :-) Pampers, Avent and Freshline Spar thank You so much for your contribution and lastly thank you so much to Mumzi and the Gug's community for allowing me to be a part of your wonderful family.


Remember to tune into 2oceansvibe every 
Saturday 12-2pm (South African time)
for my show 

Like my fb page:

Follow me on twitter:

Thank you for your continued support and feed back
Remember to Pay it Forward where you can 
and appreciate everything you have 
Have a wonderful week!




No comments:

Post a Comment