Sunday 27 January 2013

Getting inked...The Cape Town International Tattoo Convention

I promised myself a tattoo when my third film hit the big screen and although it has not been released yet, we did have a screening of 'The Good Man' this friday evening at The Labia Theatre in Cape Town. So its time to put on my big girl panties and seriously question "to Ink or not to Ink" or rather "What to Ink". So a visit to The International Tattoo Convention in Cape Town was most definately in order and oh so much fun...
My favorite artist Laura Juan...
 I was just completely blown away at her exquisite skill
There were so many brilliant artists, local and international 
for every type of person, for every taste, shape and size, 
as well as many interesting people...
although brilliantly done some were scary...
Some where beautiful....    
So sweet to see support through the pain...


There was also the option of colouring your hair, lips, 
eye lids, lashes and more....
 This lady had been going for five hours and was about half way there, I asked if she was ok and she replied that the pain gets worse with every minute, that did not help my nerves...

 
There was serious old school, no gun, no electricity, needle and ink...
Time to shop :-)

 I love hearts, definitely would love one of these to add to my heart wall
(Yes, I am creating a wall of hearts in my home)

 Enter the gallery...
I realized that this culture is made up of individuals that recognize that as human beings we have the ability to be living breathing works of art, they very bravely "create" themselves in an extremely visual way. 
Vintage Levi's
 I didn't have enough time to see and do everything I wanted to, so I will try and pop back tomorrow but, if you love the tattoo culture or are curious about it, then head down to City Hall in Cape town, it is so worth while and the talent will blow you away.
Being a chameleon and someone who is ever changing and discovering new things about myself and at such a constant speed that honestly, I feel scared and very hesitant to add any imagery onto my skin, I could get sick of it, or realize its not really me - I mean this is permanent ink after all! 
But that said, there are words that will never change, that I want within me and my life always... so yes, I think I am really close to making the final decision, whatever I do will be feminine, delicate and discrete and now 
I just need to find the right artist for me...
A very big Thank You and Congratulations to Allan on an awesome convention
Definitely worth a visit, or two!
http://www.capetattooconvention.co.za/
The interview was held on 
The Susana Kennedy Show on 2oceansvibe

Like my fb page:

Follow me on twitter:

Thank you for your continued support and feed back 
Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment