Friday 15 April 2011

if you can dream it, then believe in it, then it can become your reality.


A few years ago, two of my friends where told that having a baby would not be in their future, the likelihood was extremely unlikely, if possible at all… they persisted, they believed, wished, prayed and hoped (along with all their friends). On Tuesday both of my friends gave birth, yes on the same day! One to a beautiful little girl and the other to twins, a boy and a girl.


I walked into the first room, it was calm, quiet and warm, my friend lay there, her miracle clutched close to her chest, both of them glowing with love and comfort… the tears where unstoppable and burst forth like a fractured fire hydrant. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen and I will never forget it. She said to me in a hushed tone through her wide Cheshire cat smile “I am so exhausted, I haven’t slept a wink, I have never been so in love, I cant stop staring at her”. My heart melted and I was so overwhelmed by my happiness for my friend.
I then went and saw my other friend three doors down, and she was totally different, laughing out loud with excitement at seeing me, filled with energy and light completely supported by her husband and step daughter, such opposite energies but both so filled with happiness. We always joke that he’s a control freak, but boy does that come in handy when you have twins! I tucked her baby boy into his bed and passed her, her baby girl. We giggled at how odd her stomach looked as it contracted while she breastfed, like a little alien was still buried up inside there and too afraid to come out. She too, glowed happily, I kissed and squeezed her tight and left the hospital feeling filled with the joy of the affirmation of belief. Because, if you can dream it,  then believe in it, then it can become your reality.
What an incredible gift to be a mother, to feel that love… it is the most selfless and selfish thing a human being can do, knowing you will be loved unconditionally and feeling a love so immense it cannot be matched by any other … “Giving birth is like having your soul walking outside of you for the rest of your life” I think a small price to pay for unconditional love… I look forward to one day being so blessed. Congratulations to all of you who have persisted and never gave up, aware that all your dreams can come true.
 "Your children are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself." Feel blessed and believe
pictures from 
http://rialeephotography.com/blog/2010/06/22/six-days-old-newborn-twins/
http://pinterest.com/hledingham/read-these-words/

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaah Sus, so beautiful! Can't wait to see you with babies xx
    Tash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to meet your babies!
    Thanks Tash mwah!

    ReplyDelete