Monday 11 April 2011

Be Happy!


I have always believed that aging gracefully has everything to do with mirroring your inner self:

If you are bitter and filled with regret and hatred, holding on to life’s knocks and hurts, I believe you will shrivel and wane as you age; feeling the loss of a life not lived.

But if your heart is filled with love, you take each blow and mistake in life as a blessing in disguise and a lesson glad to be learnt. If you see the positive between the thorns and help others, live life passionately, with the enthusiasm of a child and wisdom of your age. Laugh at yourself. If you remember to have compassion, be genuine with a generous spirit, have courage to do and say what you feel is right and always, always follow your dreams. You will be so filled with light and love that aging will be a journey so beautiful that Shakespeare’s quills will blush at not having written your story.

Even if you don’t feel like smiling, smile, smile as hard, and as long as you can, the world will not be able to resist smiling back at you :-) 






  I always knew Audrey and I where cut from the same cloth ;-)


6 comments:

  1. Your sentiments are certainly mirrored in the expression above.

    Open, honest and beautiful to see. I'm smiling back.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! And thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and commenting, it really means a lot to me. Have a happy week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you....keep them coming and I hope that your week is just as happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore your words... the way that you look at life.

    There is so much to smile about!

    Miss you my friend
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete